More than 7 tons of free sweet corn, live entertainment, a parade, varios vendors, a beer garden and more...
Read More >>
Adel Partners Chamber of Commerce envisions an economic future that reinforces Adel’s role as a focal point of Dallas County, Iowa and the seat of county government.
The vision supports entrepreneurs creating new goods, services, jobs, profits and while helping existing businesses with their base and expansion to take advantage of growth. Adel Partners Chamber of Commerce will encourage balanced economic development, providing residents opportunities for better jobs and more income, while managing the interrelationships among people, land, resources and facilities maintaining and enhancing the quality of life that Adel residents currently enjoy.
Adel Partners Chamber of Commerce will encourage desired development by employing a variety of techniques, including incentives, infrastructure investments, information partnerships, regulations, and property disposition.
- Adel will offer a compact concentration of employment, shopping, services, government, entertainment, recreation and housing.
- Adel will provide places to live for various types of households with varying income levels.
- Adel will have many forms of publicly accessible open space, such as parks, tree-lined streets and community accent gardens.
- Adel will build upon its rich collection of handsome, historic buildings to create an environment of distinctive character and quality.
- Adel will be a regional destination for artistic, cultural, recreational and visitor attractions.
- On-going programs and funding priorities will ensure that streets and sidewalks are safe, well lighted and attractive.
- Brick street preservation policies will be implemented to ensure these historic streets are regularly accorded maintenance & repair.
- Parking supply, including both on-street and off-street facilities, will be managed to emphasize short-term usage over long term usage, ensuring an adequate supply for shoppers and visitors.
- Design review of development proposals will be reviewed to ensure compatibility between older historic structures, and newer structures.